Summer is a great time to experiment with make up colors and styles! Lately I have been pretty stuck on a specific (and fast!) morning (or afternoon hehe) make up regiment. I have been hitting the beach lately and well, that makes all the difference when it comes to color palette! Oh and affordability is ALWAYS a priority.
1. I start with Rimmel London’s Color Match Foundation in Soft Beige. The greatest thing about this foundation is firstly the SPF 18 (since every women needs to think about these things, am I right? And men!!), second the ability to keep this foundation ALL YEAR LONG (even when I tan, ya know all that beachin’) due to it’s color match technology and third it’s price (at around $7 or $8).
2. I needed to grab a new powder when my face got a bit tan and low and behold, e.l.f.’s clarifying pressed powder found at target for $1 (!!!!!) is lightweight and locks my face on perfectly. Disclaimer: This will break if you drop it.
3. Target also carries this AMAZING e.l.f waterproof eyeliner pen for only $2 (previously $1) and it has been one of the best eyeliners I have ever used; even better than my $18 Pixi Lash Line Ink. GO RUN AND BUY IT!
4. I tend to wear more pinks and reds in the summer on my lips and it’s really important for lightweight color so you don’t end up with melted lipstick in your purse! Revlon’s Just Bitten Lip Stain and Balm in Gothic (red) and Passion (pink) are extremely pigmented, light, not sticky, and just perfect.
5. Nicole by OPI might be my absolute favorite nail polish. My summer color has been “Alex by the Books” and how darling!
6. I will never use another mascara again. I’ve stuck with Revlon’s Grow Luscious by Fabulash for a few years now and it’s never failed me. Long, thick lashes with no clumping? Hope they don’t ever discontinue!!
7. Another beauty essential I keep handy are the incredibly affordable (between $1 and $3) soft brushes by e.l.f. (also available at target). They don’t last forever, just a few months, but I never get stray hairs on my face and they never get stiff.
8. Finally, blush. I tend to wear LOTS of blush, I realllly love blush. Lately I’ve been using a very pigmented pink from Love & Beauty by Forever 21. I am not positive if they have kept it on the shelves since they are ALWAYS rotating their beauty supplies but for only $2.80 it’s a keeper.
What are some of your summer beauty go tos?
I hope you all get to enjoy the last few weeks of Summer!!